Hands-On Safety: Stairs & Ladders
Whether your stairs or ladders are temporary or permanent, there are many requirements to be aware of and adhere to as your workers are onsite.
Temporary stairs in construction rarely meet the minimum safety requirements for a safe access point. Ladders are useful tools, but are often improperly setup, not used or maintained properly or used near window and wall openings.
Top take-aways during this Lunch Session:
- What is needed when stairways and ladders are on-site.
- Keeping stairways clutter free.
- Proper stairway set-up.
- Proper ladder set-up and use.
- Maintenance and care of ladders.
- Handrail, guardrail and lighting requirements for stairways.
This is the second of three safety sessions! See links below for more: